Sunday, December 14, 2008

Update on gig #2...and #3

Well guys, it's been a week! One week and two days, to be exact. I have to admit that it feels way longer than that, but we wont get into that. Let's focus!


OK, so you know about gig #1, which was the Christmas dinner last Saturday. Here's the scoop on Gig #2. Yesterday, Cynthia called a pastor from Corona, CA (a friend had given us his info) and left him a message telling him that we (Promissa) were all going to be in town the weekend of the 28Th and asked about the possibility of us ministering at his Church. Not long after, the pastor called back and asked "can you girls come and sing tomorrow?" Now, what do you think our response was to that?


Got up at 5am, got ready and drove an hour to Corona, CA. It was a blessing! We sang at both services, sold Cd's and were blessed with a love offering. How's that for a last minute phone call? God is good, good, good!


What about gig #3? After services, the pastor and his lovely wife took Cynthia and I to lunch. Out of nowhere, the wife asked me "do you preach?" I told her that we normally bring a word as well when we're invited to minister and are given the right amount of time. She proceeded to invite me to speak at a youth camp next Saturday morning. What?!! Me?!! God, are you sure? I figured that if God is going to use us and take us to a higher level, there will be steps to climb, fears to overcome and moments when we'll just have to jump trusting that He will give us all we need to accomplish the task at hand. So, with all that in mind, I said "yes, I will be there!" I guess that's what happens when you pray for open doors ;)


Now, you all know what this means, right? It means that I'm counting on your prayers from now all the way to Saturday. What do you say?








6 comments:

BZ Ward said...

How exciting, Priscilla. May God give you exactly the right words for those young people!

Pris said...

Thanks Barby!
Speaking of words, I totally love the way you write. I just went to your blog and was captivated by your about me section. I have a lot to learn from you...you have a fan ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome, my friend!! so proud of how God will use you there..my prayers and my heart with u..

Tainna

Pris said...

Thank you Tainna.
Much love

Heather Palacios said...

He always gives you the words to say. Especially when you have a very humble vessel like yours. You've given Him great room to speak through. I KNOW you are going to do awesome.

Pris said...

Thanks for your encouragement leadHer. I'm totally relying on Him, since I'm nothing but a broken vessel