Thursday, December 18, 2008

I need you...seriously


I am nervous, anxious, scared, tense (the list goes on) about Saturday. I was invited to speak at a youth camp and, as the day gets closer, so do my insecurities. Will those kids really pay any attention to what I'll be saying? Will they see how nervous I am? Will anything I say make any sense to them? What will I actually say to them? Ahhhh!!!!!

The crazy thing is that I know that this was an opportunity provided by God himself, so I know that He will do His thing. It's just that, you know, I'm HUMAN and I just want to hide under a blanket, inside a closet, inside a room with no windows!!

Man, I only wonder what Moses must have felt like, or Joshua, when it was his turn to lead. I guess this feeling is normal and even OK, as long as I don't let it keep me from what God wants to do in me and through me. I guess it's time for me to "be strong and courageous!" It's time for me to rest in the promise that "the Lord my God is with me wherever I go" (Joshua 1:9b)


God, I can't do this on my own, I don't intend to. Just do your thing and help me not get in the way. This is your gig...

4 comments:

Marcy Ribeiro said...

sending a prayer right now for you.... awesome post... can't wait to hear the outcome- I know it will be great bc God is doing His gig... ;) love ya!

Heather Palacios said...

Yea you! You are expanding the dimensions of your leadHership: leading worship & leading students. You go, amiga & cont. to let God do his thing!

all day (allen d) said...

Praying for you girl. God has given you the experiences and giftedness to do this. You're just His mouthpiece. Rock strong!

Pris said...

Marcy, Heather, P. Allen,
Thank you SO MUCH for your awesome support!

Love you guys