Saturday, December 20, 2008

Celebrate with me...


I have no words to thank you all enough for your amazing support this past week. I was no nervous about speaking at that youth camp, but God's grace and all of you gave me the strength and the courage to get in front of 45 teenagers and young adults and just pour into them. Some of you called me, some text me, some e-mailed me and, most importantly, all of you told me "You can do this Pris, God will use you!" I can't thank you enough...

God backed me up, He did His thing. I spoke to them about us being born with a God given purpose and encouraged them to do whatever it takes to reach their potential. I also had the opportunity to have good one on one conversations with some of them, which was also a great thing. Oh, I even did my robot dance for them...they laughed ;)

45 kids and I don't know if I'll ever see any of them again...maybe, maybe not. I don't know if they'll remember me in 1, 5 or 10 years. What I do know is that I will remember them. I will always remember the day I got up in front of a group of kids for the first time to teach them. I will always remember that day when , instead of believing what my fears and insecurities were telling me, I chose to believe God's word that "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13. And I will always remember how you guys were there for me.


Much love...

4 comments:

BZ Ward said...

How exciting! I'm pretty sure they won't forget you or your passion... Retreats like this are so powerful in the lives of students. Two or three of the most important lessons of my life I learned at camp as a youth!!

Pris said...

Thanks Barb! The seed was planted and God will make it grow

Heather Palacios said...

Robot dance? There ya go, girl! I ran up a stage once yelling like a monkey and did a cartwheel on stage and almost fell off. The more you speak, the crazier you'll get. :-)

Seriously, good job on your courage, obedience & leadhership to step UP and step OUT and speak. You go, sister-friend

Pris said...

Cartwheel?!! Heather, you hold the trophy girl. I don't think I'd ever get that crazy ;)