Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas...make it special


When we were children, it was the job of our parents to make Christmas special for us. Some of us have gone though life thinking that it's still the job of someone else to make Christmas happy and beautiful for us, so anything that would not work out according to plan or according to our expectations, would suddenly screw up the season. The whole family cannot make it to dinner, that person you love is no longer part of your life, the economic situation has not allowed you to get presents for everyone and their mother, you find yourself far away from people you care about, the weather is not quite how you pictured it, (the list of scenarios goes on and on) any of these scenarios would take away my joy in Christmas.

This past Sunday, when I heard the pastor at Oasis talk about this, I realized that it was time to grow up in that area. You see, we're not kids anymore. I realized that, instead of expecting circumstances to be "right", in order to enjoy Christmas, it is my job to make this a special time, regardless of the scenario I find myself in. It was like I went from childhood to adulthood in a matter of seconds, when this made sense to me.

It's my turn to make Christmas special for me and those around me and I can hardly wait.


My Christmas wish to you? That you enjoy this time like never before. Have a GREAT Christmas...make it special. I know I will ;)

2 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

GREAT lesson and now, I have learned something too. Keep blogging. I'm encouraged with every visit.

Pris said...

Thanks leadHer!!! I'm encouraged with every comment you leave me ;)