Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tonight at Oasis...

As I walked into the Creative Arts Meeting tonight, I saw everyone standing. There were way over a hundred volunteers, some with their hands up, some on their knees, some at the front of the stage...all worshiping together. It was impossible not to be captured in the moment, it was impossible not to surrender in worship. What an amazing experience when passionate, creative, crazy about God people get together and worship. It doesn't have to be hours, it doesn't have to be a bunch of songs or an hour and a half message. One tag, not even a full song, was enough to take me to the throne: "You never fail me Lord, you never fail me Lord, you never fail me Lord. You are good, always." Wow....I sang, cried and was renewed.
We can't deny that where two or more gather in His name He shows up...and after He shows up our lives are never the same.

6 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

I WANNA COME THERE AND VISIT U AND WORSHIP @ UR CHURCH TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

lili said...

those are simple but powerful words...there's just something so comforting about worship...sweet release into His arms that u know everything is going to be ok...and u believe with all certainty that no matter what ur facing "He will never fail us".

it was so soothing to hear ur voice today...lets keep the faith, not fight the strong current, but float in HIS trust.

He knows the plans He has for us...

Pris said...

Heather - ANYTIME!!! Would love to introduce you to the Oasis Family ;)

Lili - "Sweet release into His arms"...I love that. Might show up in a song somewhere :)
I was great speaking with you today!

Anonymous said...

That sounds amazing! Did it bring back memories (you know what I'm talking about) I'd love to be there with you one day and worship at your new church sis!

Pris said...

Michelle - Can't wait to share the experience with you...get over here ;)

lili said...

i'm thinking Girl Trip!!!!!! (w a nursing newborn but yeah, LA here we come ;)