Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Not in my list"...what is that!??


Then Peter replied, "I see clearly that God shows no favoritism. In every nation He accepts those who fear Him and do what is right." Acts 10:34-35


As I read this verse this morning, I couldn't help thinking of times when I have shown favoritism or have thought of some people as "not in my list." Shame on me. Who am I to minimize someone's value? Who am I to pick and chose who deserves my attention? Who am I to be so "selective"? Imagine if God did the same. If He was to pick who to love or whose prayer to listen to or who to use in His kingdom based on our level of performance or based on how clean our hearts are, I know I would not be on "His list." What a blessing is to know that his love is the same for all, that He He doesn't have a "click", a preferred list, but that instead we're all royalty to Him. All children of the same father...the King of kings.


God, thank you for loving everyone the same. Thank you for giving us all priority. Help me look at others the same way as you do. Close friends, not so close friends and those I don't even know...that I may think of them and treat them with the same respect and love as you would. You've chosen to see the best in me...PLEASE, allow me to see the best in those around me. Help me remember that when it rains, it rains for everyone and when the sun rises, it rises for everyone.



3 comments:

Paola said...

I have been guilty of that, too... making a "list"... but I know that those who need my attention most, God will put right in front of me and demand that I give it to them... and all I do is obey.

lili said...

great post Pris...ive had your Promissa CD on most of today as i think & reflect & think some more :)

its playing even now as i cook for my family...

"we" miss u -lili

Pris said...

Paola - I'm sure your obedience pleases Him. ;)

Lili - I'm honored to be there...helping out with dinner, my friend.
Much love...