Thursday, September 6, 2007

A naked dreamer...


It may be that those who do most, dream most.

-Stephen Leacock

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

-Dale Carnegie



I'm a dreamer, I can't deny it. I've been a dreamer since I was a little girl, so by now I master the art. The great thing is that I've seen many of my dreams come true and I must say that this brings one's heart a wonderful sense of fulfilment. Like when I heard one of my songs play on the radio for the first time or back in June when, at one of our concerts in Boston, I stopped singing and the crowd continued to sing our song word by word. Makes you want to go back and live those moments over again, doesn't it? The sweet moments that only a dreamer can taste.

You know what though? There's a whole lot of other things a dreamer gets to experience. As a dreamer, I have been discouraged and have faced disappointment time and time again. I've been tired, sad and all these has felt so strong and overwhelming that, at times, I have even prayed "God, please take this dream away...I can no longer". So glad that during those times He has decided not to grant that request. You see, when God plants a dream in your heart, He doesn't do it to make you suffer or to make you miserable, knowing that you will never see it come true. I refuse to believe something like that...my God loves me too much to do something like that to me. Instead, throughout your life, He prepares you, whether you are aware of it or not. He allows moments of glory as well as moments of what to our eyes seems as defeat, all as part of our intense training...all part of His purpose in order to fully equip you.
I have my days...days when I don't want to feel this burning flame in my heart that tells me what I'm meant to do, because I feel like I have no clue of how to go about doing it. I have my days when I feel like I want to just be a "normal person" a non-dreamer, only because I'm so tired, only because the road seems to long and difficult to walk on, only because I don't have the resources to make things happen. I have my days...when those closer to me are the source of my discouragement, when I want to mute every voice that says "you can't, that's not possible, it will be very difficult for you and your Sisters to do this, it will never work out, are you sure this is what God wants you to do?, you should consider doing something else", and blah, blah, blah... I have my days when I feel like throwing in the towel, taking out my white flag. As hard as it is to believe,however, these days are still part of my training. They teach me to persevere, to exercise faith, to endure, to push through, to not believe what my eyes see, but instead, trust that what my God has promised will come to past. That's why I can't just give up, I choose not to...for only I know how strong this flame burns in my heart, for only God can plant a dream so strong. I'll just do what I possibly can and He'll do what seems impossible. I'll see through His eyes when I find no hope seeing through mine. You see, it's not really my dream, it's His.

A dreamer goes through ups and downs
a dreamer cries when feeling doubt
a dreamer knows the fight that takes
but also knows how sweet can taste to see a dream come true.

2 comments:

Danisa said...

So much for not being a blogger, huh?! I knew you had a lot to say. Keep it up friend!

Paula said...

Oye, mijita,that is a lot of dreaming, however, you should never stop dreaming. If one dream becomes overbearing and perhaps almost unattainable don't exhaust all your efforts on that one dream and reach for a new one but never give up dreaming, my friend! Sometimes it may only require a temporary postponement.