Saturday, September 15, 2007

Always better...


As we know, we all go through life and, during this journey, we get to experience a large number of different situations which determine our grouth and shape our character. These process cannot be avoided. Why? Because if we did, if life actually spared us its tests, we would just be a bunch of big children walking around without the ability to bring life to those around us. In my case, man I've been tested. God must really have big plans for this Dominicana, because He's really determined to help me grow...it's pretty obvious.
I'll tell you, in the middle of life's trials, in the middle of every situation, there's a choice to make. Yeap, we can either let ourselves be brought down, defeated and ultimtely made worse by life's unavoidable storms or we can decide to face whatever comes with the conviction that at the end of the storm, after going through the fire we will indeed come out purified...we will come out as gold. That's what Job said when he had to endure his share: Job 23:10 "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."
When I look back, I see how I've come out better out of each situation. It has not been easy or fun to face the storms that I've faced, but the me that has come out of every single one of those has been better and better each time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at the point where I actually look forward to going through the fire, I would be the biggest liar if I said that. I've just learned that once I'm in it, God's power helps me get through and I come out victorious. I get tired sometimes, I can't deny. My heart wants to take a break, a breather, but God knows the plans He has for me and He knows how ready I must be for them. I cry and try to get away from trials and suffering...I'm human, aren't I? But the truth is, I ain't scared! I've seen God's hand way too many times, I've seen good come out of bad situations many times, I've seen tears turned into laugther, I've seen how God can use a broken heart. So here I am, standing, knowing that no matter what life may bring, the result, the me to come will always be better. Guys, I can't wait to meet the new me!

1 comment:

Ricky Garcia said...

you are right many times we want the world to stop turning just long enough for us to take a deep breath and get refreshed, it won't stop, the world keeps turning and so should we. The enemy wants us to give in to pain, suffering, doubt, and worry, but we can't we have too much to offer. So we move forward in his name and rest that he will do all that he promised in our lives.