Friday, September 21, 2007

I'm blessed...


If we could only see clearly at all times, if we would take the time to notice, we would see how blessed we are. Do you know how many times I've sat in my car thinking of the many things I wish I had? Many times! We all do it, we all tend to invest more time feeling unhappy about the things we lack. I could give you a long list that would have you reading for a while. Things I wish I had, problems I wished I didn't have, places I wish I had already been to, goals not yet accomplished, memories I wish I could erase, and so on... Anytime I want to, I can find many reasons to be unhappy and feel sorry for myself. It's easy, we all know this, we have all done it many times, I have done this many times.
Fortunately, there are times, like today, when my eyes are able to see clearly. There are times, like today, when I'm not blinded by my "I wants", but instead, I'm amazed by seeing and counting my many blessings. First of all, I'm saved! I'm healthy, good looking (you know I had to say that :)...) I have amazing Parents, who are ALWAYS willing to show me how much they love me. I have two beautiful Sisters, who are also my greatest friends and supporters. God has blessed me with a great job, a wonderful gift and passion for singing and an amazing, totally awesome Church I can call home. I've seem dreams come true and prayers answered. I have been blessed with wonderful, WONDERFUL friends who touch my heart and show me God's love time and time again. This is just to name a few. This list would actually be longer than the first. Can you believe it? I have so much, I have received so much by grace and so many times I fail to see what has been given to me, because I let myself be blinded by what hasn't...the cruel reality of human nature.
Today, I'm just glad to be able to see, to be able to embrace my many blessings and rest in God's promise to provide ALL my needs. He can worry about the things I want and still don't have, since He's my God and provider. And me? Well, I'll rejoice counting my blessings. I'll give back from what I've received by grace and, hopefully, one day God will allow me to be counted as a blessing on somebody else's list.
I like being able to see clearly how good my God has been to me. When the enemy reminds you of what you don't have, take out your list of blessings...he'll have no choice but to run and you'll have no choice but to rejoice.

Much love...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Thank you for your word. It made me stop and give God thanks for what I do have and not give worry about what I dont. He will provide all that we need, maybe not all that we want, but all that we need. God Bless! JR