Monday, September 17, 2007

No better place...


If all wishes came true I would be in Heaven tonight. Don't freak out, let me explain and then you'll see my point. On my flight back home today I decide to take out my iPod and listen to some music. After listening to a couple of songs, a new one started to play and that's where my journey began. The song was "Always" from Hillsong...wow. I've always felt connected to that song from the first time I listened to it, but it had never taken me as deep into God's presence as it did today. I listened carefully, I felt every word and, as I did, I found myself before my saviour. I walked in the streets of heaven with the best companion one could ever had, Jesus Himself. I sat under a big tree, played with little bugs without fear, felt the breeze of everlasting peace caress my face, stared into the eyes of love, true love. I told Him so much without words, He answered with a smile that filled my entire heart with the desire of never leaving His side. At that very moment, with tears running down my face, seating on my airplane seat, I asked God "would you just take me? Can I just stay with you forever?". It's just that being in His presence made everything else so insignificant, so small. He was all I wanted, He was all I needed. I thought about my family and how they would suffer if God decided to take my life, but not even that was strong enough to take away this feeling of wanting to experience His presence forever. Nothing compared to the feeling of being made whole, nothing was worth letting Him go.
I'm still here, He didn't take me, but things have changed. You see, our lives are never the same after we have walked with Him, after we have stared into His loving eyes. His love fills the deepest most hidden corners of our hearts, making us whole.
So, until the day I graduate, until my mission and purpose are fulfilled on this earth,until the day He tells me I don't have to come back, I'll continue to visit heaven through worship. I'll cherish every walk I get to take with Him, even if I can't stay. I'll seek His face knowing that He desires to be found and I'll never forget His smile. By the way...He wanted me to tell you that He's waiting for you. It's your turn to visit...

1 comment:

Ricky Garcia said...

great descriptions, you are a good writer.