Thursday, September 27, 2007

Seasons...


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1

This morning I found out that the radio station that I listen to the most will no longer exist after the end of this month. The owner's have decided to sell it, leaving me and God knows how many others in a state of shock. I mean, what now? What am I supposed to listen to know? I don't want them to go! So many times I tuned in and heard exactly what my heart needed to hear, so many times I listened and a song described what I was going through. Man, Spirit FM was there during my darkest hours and during happy times as well. I don't get it! Why must they go? I guess it was out of their control...
The Bible tells us that there's a time and a season for everything, so, in this case, I have no choice but to accept...even if the reason seems unclear or somehow unfair. I thank God for every single time I tuned in and they were there. I'm grateful for all the times I felt alone and God used them to play the right song, with the right words to bring encouragement to my life.
I wish they would stay, but God knows why they wont. I don't know how my drives will be now that I wont have them there anymore, but I will be forever grateful for the times when they were.

Father, thank you for the blessings you bring into our lives. Whether they are here to stay or for just a season, only you know.

What now? I don't know, but I know I'll soon find out. My Father, the God that knows all my needs and has promised to meet them, He will come up with something, and then...a new season will begin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you... I feel you, I myself was in shock Wed morning when I heard. I am a fan! I loved the kids story series they would put in the evening (can't remember the name right now):-( Well we still have Way FM (88.1). Thank God.

Heather Palacios said...

Beautiful job leading us to the throne tonight. You possess wonderful leadHership, I'm honored to be led by you thru your gift of voice.