Monday, November 10, 2008

A prayer can make a difference...


Today I found out that the brother of a good friend of mine committed suicide last Friday. As I thought about my friend and her family, I couldn't help remembering two different times when the thought of ending my life came to my head. Both times I was troubled, overwhelmed, heartbroken, desperate, ashamed and hopeless. Both times I cried out for help. Both times there was someone close by who I ran to and asked for prayer. Both times I was fortunate.

We have no idea what the person standing in front of us at the supermarket is going through or what type of storm the person that just drove by is facing, but we can pray that God makes us sensitive enough, so that when a person in need crosses our way we can feel the urge to pray for them. You'd be surprised to find out what a difference a prayer can make.

No comments: