Sunday, November 9, 2008

Need a faith booster?


Do you have a need? God knows it and He can provide.

My story? Glad you asked! Most of you know that I will be moving to California in the next few weeks. Although I had an approximate date, I had not been able to purchase my airline ticket due to my financial situation. All I had was the conviction in my heart that this was what God wanted me to do, so I said "God, you are sending me, you will provide."

Yesterday, out of nowhere, I received a voicemail from a friend asking me to call back regarding something important. My friend knew of my moving plans, but was not aware of the fact that I was waiting on God to provide for my ticket. Today, I returned the call. After talking about different things, the question came up regarding my moving date and if I had already purchased my airplane ticket, to which I answered "I haven't been able to yet, but God is sending me, He will provide." My friend proceeded to tell me "I called you yesterday to tell you that I have enough miles for a free ticket and, a few days ago, God placed in my heart that I must give this ticket to you. God truly loves you." I could do nothing else but cry and be grateful. God was (1) providing for my need and (2) confirming that I was being lead by Him on my decision. How's that for a faith booster?

Moving to a new state away from so many people I truly love and from a Church I feel so passionate about is all very intimidating for me. However, I know that God will take care of me. He has proven, time and time again, that He is a powerful God, who honors an obedient heart.

1 comment:

lili said...

Our Father is so amazing! And while I am sad in my heart for more reasons that I can list... i admire your obedience. Its painful at the time cause ive been there...but the peace that surrounds us even when we begin to doubt and just knowing we are in HIS HANDS, is comforting & priceless. -L