Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Good stuff from quiet time...

In these last couple of months, I've felt like, as a believer and a God follower, I've been challenged in some many areas . My calling, my vision and my faith have really been tested and it's been INTENSE. I've prayed "God, strengthen my faith, so I may walk in confidence on the path you've chosen for me and so I wont doubt."

Allow me to share with you some good stuff I read this morning in the subject.

The apostles said to the Lord, Increase our faith. And the Lord answered, if you had faith even like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, Be pulled up by the roots, and be planted in the sea, and it would obey you. Luke 17:5-6

Joyce Meyer comments, People often pray for "great faith," yet they do not understand that faith grows through challenges like stepping out to do things they don't fully understand or have experience with. I do not believe anyone is automatically a person of great faith; faith becomes great through experience. It develops as it is used.
One of the ways we release our faith is by doing something God asks of us. Faith often requires us to take action.

I guess my prayer is being answered...

2 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

Good word, great perspective. I think the mere fact that we HAVE faith is a great action step because it required the action of taking the focus off of us and turning it up toward God.

Unknown said...

Isn't that amazing? We ask God to strengthen our faith, but when we're asking we don't really realize what we're REALLY asking!!LOL