Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A clueless pig...

Last Saturday night, during his teaching, Pastor Troy asked for a few volunteers and, very unlike me due to my shyness, I put my hand up. Obviously, I had no clue what i was getting myself into, but there I was. Turned out I was to take part in a little drama of the story of the three little pigs. As you can see in the pictures below (pictures provided by our always ready Heather Palacios) I had to wear a pig nose (I tried to do this as gracefully as possible) and had to say part of the story, which I had only heard in Spanish, never in English. So there I stood, the Dominican pig that couldn't figure out what she had to say even less what it meant. Pastor Troy and the other volunteers helped me out and I was finally able to say my lines "No, no, by the hair on my chiny chin chin" and then the story went on. The funny thing is that I wasn't the only person that didn't know this words. You see, one of the greatest things about Flamingo Road Church is our diversity. There are people from all over, different countries, different cultures and I bet we all have heard the same story in our very own languages. That's why I was not embarrassed, that's why we could all just laugh about it, because at my Church, being different is OK...and for someone like me, what a relief that is.








1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

Great post. I'm so glad you recapp'ed this for us. You did great and I love it that you were YOU up there on stage.