Monday, February 25, 2008

The Why...for Him


Today, I decided to get some rest after a very active week. It's been a time of reflection, solitude and meditation...a needed one, I must say. I've been thinking of everything I do, every way in which I serve God, Church, my family and my friends. We get caught up in doing and doing so much, sometimes forgetting or not even paying attention to the WHY we do things. So, I've asked myself 3 questions:

How much of what I do, do I do to honor God and to bring Him glory?

How much of what I do, do I do to bless others and to invest in their lives?

How much of what I do, do I do to look good in the eyes of people I admire and to bring MYSELF glory by hearing the words "great job Pris"?

Answering these questions gave me the opportunity to truly think about my motivation and allowed me to put things into perspective. As good as it might feel to be complimented or to be admired, if that's what drives us, we're missing out on what brings us greater satisfaction...doing things to bring God the glory. After all, that's what we were all created for, to bring Him honor, not to bring it to ourselves.

God, may I never forget that everything I do is for your glory only. Give me a heart that lives to honor you, only you.

1 comment:

Heather Palacios said...

"give me a heart that lives to honor you only" - that was beautiful and surely made Him smile.