Friday, February 1, 2008

Next window please...


I'm sure we've all seen that sign at some point, when standing in line at the bank. This means that the bank teller is too busy doing something else of much importance...at least that's how I look at it. Sometimes we have to do the same in our personal life. We must put a "next window please" sign up, in order for us to be able to focus on things of greater importance in God's eyes. Once these things are addressed, once we've taken the time needed for us to get clarity, for us to become stronger and recover from life's battles, once we've taken the time to give ourselves some well deserved and needed attention (spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically), once we've come to the source of life and He has made us whole again, then and only then, are we ready and able to be approachable. We will never be able to give and receive love the way God intended, until we've learned to truly love ourselves. Part of that is giving ourselves the time and space required for God to make us whole again. This is not a selfish thing to do, it's temporary! In my case, I'll gladly take my sign down when God tells me "Go ahead girl, you're ready!" Until then, next window please...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel u girl. Good post. U r a really good writer!

Anonymous said...

You have been and will continue to be a wonderful instrument in His hands. I trust he Himself will remove the sign and pretty soon.