Friday, January 30, 2009

When I make it to the top...


31 God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true. He is a SHIELD for all who look to Him for protection.

33 God is my STRONG FORTRESS and He makes my way perfect.

34 He makes me as sure footed as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights.

2 Samuel 22:31, 33, 34


I don't know if you like hiking, but I do. My favorite part is to just stand and look at the awesome view once I get to the top. I like to embrace that moment; me standing there and remembering the great effort that took to actually make it to the top of the mountain. My first hike was when I was sixteen and I still remember that moment, I still remember the view and how awesome it felt to make it there. I also remember how difficult it was. I remember some friends holding my hands and encouraging me to not give up.

Life hasn't gotten any easier since then...in the contrary. The mountains have gotten bigger, the pain and effort have been greater, but the view from the mountain top has also gotten better and better.

This time the mountain seems bigger than ever. The thoughts of giving up or finding shortcuts have popped up. I've had many friends hold my hand and told me "you can do it!", I've cried because of how much it hurts and, at times, I have even regretted starting the hike. But then I remember His promises, then I remember how He has strengthen me during other hikes and how He promises to make my way perfect and to not let me fall. That's when I remember how good it feels to get to the top. I can hardly way to see the view from this one!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read your post. Remember through the storm to have faith...hold on tight and before you know it the sun will start to shine again.

Pris said...

Thanks Anonymous...I will