Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good stuff from quiet time...


New year and this is how mine started...with a double breakfast! Both delicious, both important and both required time and effort, but were totally worth it.

Body and spirit both need to be fed in order to have a healthy life. My body had some eggs, sausage and a white corn tortilla (my new favorite...better than bread).

And my spirit? My spirit had a lesson on seeking and resting in God's presence.

"Now therefore, I pray you, if I have found favor in your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You....And the Lord said, My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest. Exodus 33:13-14.

Joyce Meyer comments, Moses had a big job on his hands. He knew he needed God's presence and sought the assurance that God would go with him and help him. No matter how difficult our circumstance, the knowledge of His presence will strengthen and enable us to do the job at hand.


The combination worked and I'm doubly satisfied. My tummy is happy and my heart is glad to know that He will go with me this year and that, no matter what situation I'm in or what my task may be, I will find strength and rest in His presence. I think I'm off to a great start!
May His presence, grace and favor be with you and yours in 2009...


1 comment:

Gloria Rodriguez said...

Hey Prisc, thanks for sharing your quiet time :) It's something "we" sometimes forget when we try to do things in our own strength - He is there, and will always be there. Miss you girl.