Thursday, January 8, 2009

When the ground shakes...


Tonight, I experienced earthquake #2. It was stronger than the first, but still no big deal. However, my heart was beating so hard it almost popped out of my chest. I guess no one likes a shaky ground. At least I know I don't.

Life is full of ground shaking moments though. Small and sometimes big earthquakes that totally shake us up. But aren't we fortunate to have a safe place to run to when this happens? A strong structure that wont come down no matter how hard the ground is moving, a strong structure that would actually protect us from anything that might fall on us. At my sister's house, that would be the huge, heavier than a bad marriage wooden dining table. In life, that refuge is God. Our ground can shake unexpectedly because of many reasons, but God, our shelter, strong tower, our rock, He's always there for us to run to...and nothing can touch us.

No comments: