Wednesday, January 7, 2009

He says I can....

Self doubt, do you ever deal with that? I do...a lot. So much that sometimes I get depressed thinking of everything I want to accomplish, but feel incapable of. Having days like that is OK, having a life like that is not. I am my biggest opponent. Me, a dreamer, a woman passionate about God's purpose, a woman that completely believes that she was created to lead others to God through the gift of singing, I hold myself back. I discourage myself by thinking that I don't have what it takes.
Check this out though, in 1 Samuel 30:6 King David was greatly distressed, but he chose to encourage himself in the Lord.
How do we do that? I'll spell it out for you, B-E-L-I-E-V-I-N-G what His word says about us. That we're more than conquerors, that we can do ALL THINGS through Christ, that He is in us, that His power is in us, that we have His grace and favor, that everything we do shall prosper.

I'm tired of contradicting God! Tired of believing the total opposite of what He says about me. Tired of listening to that whisper in my ear "you're not good enough, you're too shy, you'll never break away from all your fears", I'm tired wanting to DO IT and ready to actually DO IT.

Moses didn't think he was suitable for the job, but God said "I will surely be with you." He didn't say "you wont be scared" or "it will be easy", He said He would be with him and the same applies to us.
So I'm encouraged and you can be too. If God says we can, who are we to disagree?

4 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

AAAAAAAAAAmen. Dang, you're good. Now hurry up and move back here. If God is telling you too, of course. ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks I needed that!

Miss you
Dianette

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog..your very inspiring..Good luck in all your ventures in California and enjoy all the delicious mexican food...

April said...

Thanks for the reminder. You are inpiring through your singing and your words. keep it up!