Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Unbearable?


You know, sometimes God asks things of us, which seem impossible for us to give. Like a teenager screams to a parent, "it's not fair!" comes to mind. "Why do you ask of me something so difficult, so painful? God, it's too much for me to bear, spare me!"


"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine." Luke 22:42


That's right, nothing He asks of me will ever be greater than the ultimate sacrifice. So, I say as Jesus said " I want YOUR WILL to be done, not mine."

In our walk, pain will come, but we'll never be alone through it. Jesus understands and promises to be by our side every step of the way...and that's good company.












1 comment:

Yoel said...

So true! Hang in there. We might not understand why things come our way, but remember that we are not in control.