Saturday, October 25, 2008

I did it!!!




Today I ran my first 5k race. As I approached the finish line, I couldn't contain myself. Tears of joy expressed how happy I was to have run from start to finish. You see, I always admired people for doing this kind of things, always from the distance wished I could do it too, but was totally intimidated. I thought I was too weak to be able to, until I met somebody who assured me that I wasn't. With encouragement and training my fear became smaller and my confidence grew.


As I ran through the finish line today, I remembered how I didn't think I could and gave thanks to God for showing me that I was wrong.




Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things...

3 comments:

Ivette said...

What an awesome experience today. I am glad we got to run our 1st 5k race together. It was super fun. You will be missed mucho amiga!

Marcy Ribeiro said...

Yay Priscilla!! It was an awesome experience.. much harder than i thought but grateful that I to was able to finish and cross the line... determination baby!! i love you girl...

Heather Palacios said...

Yay for you, friend. I didn't know you did, but all along, I've always believed in you that you could. More importantly, so has God.