Thursday, October 16, 2008

And speaking of choices...


In my blog, you have been reading a lot about choices and decisions, since what I write is a reflection of what I'm going through (I told you guys in a previous post that blogging was my therapy, so there you have it). In the past several weeks I have faced very intense, but important choices and, as a result, I've had to make very intense, but important decisions.

At moments like these, our minds wrestle between OUR WILL (what we want, our desires, feelings, emotions) and GOD'S WILL (what He wants, His purpose, the big picture) for our lives. I think we've all experienced this at some point in our christian walk and I know that we're all aware of which the correct choice is between the two. However, knowing this does not make the process any less painful. The fact of the matter is that we all experience disappointment, sadness and at times even depression, when we do not get our way or when things don't work out as we had hoped.

God knows this, so He tells us to seek (aim at and strive after) His kingdom and righteousness first and all these things (our wants, desires, needs) will be given to us. Matthew 6:33


In her amplified version Joyce Meyer comments:

"We are afraid that we will never get the things we want if we deny ourselves, but God WILL give us what we desire, and even better, in due time. Do not be afraid to delay gratification and trust God to give you what you really need."


Enough said...

1 comment:

lili said...

u speak truths amiga...its so hard to surrender to His will at times, but man, who better to guide your steps & your heart. You gotta believe if you choose Him first, all things WILL BE ADDED (in His time)

love u. (miss u already) -L