Monday, September 29, 2008

My Dad...


In his blog, Ricky has mentioned several times how he loves being his children's hero, when they have a need and he's able to come through for them. Although I've never experienced his side of emotions, since I'm not yet a parent, I have experienced his children's side. Today was one of those days.

I have a 1999 Corolla, which has been through a lot, specially lately. One of the blinkers was missing, the roof fabric was looking like a bad 1990 drapery job and one of the door handles was broken. I knew I had to take care of this, but I'm the worst regarding cars...I didn't know where to start. The idea of me going to a junkyard felt more like a nightmare...just not girl appropriate, if you know what I mean.

My Dad, who has been driving my car while I'm away, decided to give me a surprise this morning. He went, got the missing light, got the handle, got a new roof and was getting ready to install it. You don't understand! I was...I was speechless. I felt like a little girl and he was superman.

My Dad is indeed a great man. He's lived his life giving himself to others in a way which, at times, I've found hard to understand. He's loving, kind, affectionate, encouraging, giving...that's my everyday Dad. Today, however, I saw him different. Today my dad was MY HERO.




2 comments:

lili said...

que rico Pris...every girl deserves to have that SuperHero in her life. Cherish everyday God gives you with him...-L

Kevis said...

awwwww