Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The what, the why and the breakthrough...(Part II)


Remember my "If I had no fear I would" post? Well, I figured that since I was willing to share my fears with you guys, I should be willing to share my breakthroughs, no matter how small they may appear to be.

The what? Walking on grass at night.

The why? Nasty looking, wet, cold, jumping things called FROGS...yack! Just the thought makes my hairs go up.

The breakthrough? Hold your horses! I DID NOT hold or touch a frog, that wont be happening. Here's the story: As I walked to my boyfriend's house, I spotted at frog. Instead of freezing, screaming and automatically running on the opposite direction, as I would normally do, I continued to walk toward the stairs. The beast, sorry, the frog started jumping away from me as I continued to walk. I never stopped or hesitated. For the first time I thought "this frog is actually afraid of me...it's running away!" I continued to walk and the frog continued to jump away, until I could not see it anymore...I felt great. I didn't have that sense of defeat I would normally feel after letting myself be controlled by my fear. This time, I walked away empowered and with a smile.

Now, I know this may not seem like a world changing event, since it's a small breakthrough...baby steps, as people would say. But that's just how it woks, little by little, one breakthrough at a time, I'm in the process. Every breakthrough is one less thing that can keep me from reaching my potential. This breakthrough has made me better, because I now feel more courageous, which is a leadership quality, so I'm now a better leader, which means that I can have a better impact on others and, through that impact, God can change their lives. Now, how do we change the world? One person at a time...so this might have been a world changing event after all.


Sorry if I lost you...it all makes sense in my head. :) Just celebrate with me, would you?


Thank you God, thank you for those baby steps that can potentially change the world!

6 comments:

SmilingSally said...

You and I are alike when it comes to frogs! So I can honestly say, "congrats!"

However, you've been tagged!
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2008/07/tagged-im-it.html

Anonymous said...

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. " - Ambrose Redmoon

Anonymous said...

Wow you were lucky. Most frogs have really big sharp teeth and they growl, snarl, and salivate when a woman approaches them....Boba...LOL

Congrats... now how do I get my wife to not go into convulsions when shes sees one.

Gon

Ricky Garcia said...

I am proud of you, that is awesome!

MyNextMile said...

Pris, I just opened a blog. Come by and say hello!

Heather Palacios said...

In your story, who is this "boyfriend" you speak of? Does he have a name? ;)