Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Pookie lesson...


Meet Pookie, my Parent's dog. He's also known as "the shadow", because he would be next to you all day. He would walk beside you from the bed to the bathroom, to the kitchen, to the living room, back to the kitchen and, when you sit down, there he jumps and stays next to you, until you get up and there he goes again...to the bedroom, to the kitchen... He does this until you feel like you need to take a Pookie vacation and, with a firm voice, you send him to his little house. He stays clear for a little while and then he comes back on duty as Pookie "the shadow" all over again. He just does not get tired of being next to you. He's a needy dog, I guess. It's like he's always cold and needs to be next to you, close to you to survive.
I wonder if God wishes we were more like Pookie. Instead, so many times I'm the very opposite. I get involved in so much, doing so much, distracted by life's craziness that I sometimes forget that the only way I can stay alive is by walking every single step next to Him. He loves spending time with us. I might get tired of Pookie following me around, but God never ever gets tired of His children walking next to Him. In the contrary, He promises to bless us, to teach us, to shape and mold us, to fill us with His joy and abundant peace through our daily walk with Him. He wants us to understand that we do need Him, every day, every second, to survive in this world. Like Pookie, he wants us to stay close, side by side, so He can pour His blessings on us.
I must try harder, walk closer. Hopefully, on the days I forget, Pookie will remind me.

3 comments:

Yoel said...

Awwww, thats so cute, and funny. Good lesson.

SmilingSally said...

I need a bit more of Pookie in me.

edlilichrisvic said...

this is one of my fav posts! thx for sharing =)

thank you pookie!!!

-L