Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Frustration frustrates me....


I hate feeling frustrated! Even more, I hate the fact that I get easily frustrated. A situation, a conversation that hits a wall, an argument with no immediate solution, a simple miscommunication, all these scenarios have the same potential...I get frustrated. When I feel like I don't have the answer or when I feel like I do, but those around me don't agree, when I loose control of my own emotions I get frustrated. Then, my frustration brings a response, a reaction, which eventually makes me feel feel even more frustrated...but at me. Why? Well, no one likes to feel judged, no one likes to feel misunderstood, but the truth is that no matter how much we try to avoid these situations, they will come. They are part of this life we live with people as imperfect as us. I hope I can learn to deal with things better. Frustration only makes things more difficult, because it brings with it more frustration in response.

God, have mercy on this daughter of yours. Give me the wisdom to deal with the things that bring these feelings to me and thank you for not giving up on me. Thank you for seeing Jesus when you look at me.

1 comment:

SmilingSally said...

You are handling it correctly: you understand what's happening and you are turning it over to God.