Monday, June 23, 2008

Walk the talk...my turn (part V)


So...Dr. #5 did not work out (refer to Mar 22 post "Thank God for friends...and chocolate"), so after taking a break for a little while, I continued my adventure.

Went to Dr. #6 (Jesus Gomez) to see if he could do the surgery from inside my mouth instead, since Dr. #5 had freaked me out so much, telling me how deformed my face was going to look after he did the surgery. He (Dr. #6) stated that the cyst was so superficial, that it was a very easy procedure and less invasive to do it from the outside. He was a good Dr. and I think I have earned the right to differ between good ones and bad ones. Long story short, I had the cyst removed this morning. It seemed to be a cyst containing fat inside, which will be confirmed next week, when biopsy results come in. Not too big of a scar and 5 stitches later, here I am. Antibiotics and pain medication in my system, watching a DVD of my very favorite Celine Dion. Feeling so loved by my FRC family and those who have not hesitated to send me a text to remind me that they are praying for me.

What a journey...I'm so grateful to have discovered some great friendships along the way.


Will keep you posted on the biopsy results :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that you can feel comfort in knowing that all is well. Will keep you in my prayers that nothing serious comes out of the biopsy. God is so good and we never stop thanking Him for always being there right next to us each day.

Ivette

lili said...

His love is what binds us...isnt that a beautiful thing?! Send you a hug as you recup..-L

SmilingSally said...

Wow, what a way to lose fat!

Seriously, I'm happy for you that you are on THIS SIDE of surgery. (Facing it is so scary.)

Heather Palacios said...

HI FRIEND!!!!! Keep blogging! I love it that you let us peek inside your heart - you encourage me to do likewise.