Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Perfection....Not a requirement

"No body's perfect!", I can't count the times I've heard or said this phrase as I can imagine you have too. Funny thing is I often find myself trying to be. It's like my brain knows this truth, the fact that we are all human and prompt to make mistakes, but I'm constantly competing against that.
I wonder, what if they see that I don't have it all together? They probably do. What if I disappoint them? I probably have. What if they stop loving me? Truth is, they probably wont.

In the past year, I've experienced one of the most amazing gifts anyone could ever posses...Community. I've been surrounded by God loving people who know what love is all about. I've seen acceptance, I've seen selflessness, patience, mercy and grace. And, though I often struggle when I know that my flaws are extremely evident, I'm constantly reminded of God's unconditional love through the love and acceptance I see and receive from my community.

I'm encouraged to be the best Pris I can be. I'm encouraged to treat others with love and respect, as I would also want to be treated. I'm encouraged to put my very best into everything I do and I hope you are too. Let's also be encouraged in knowing that we are loved just as we are and that to God and to those who truly love us, perfection is not a requirement. That sure makes me happy...

Pris



4 comments:

Unknown said...

The day you become perfect is the day you will die. We are here to experience our humanity and to build spiritual qualities. Our humanity is just a house to shelter our spirit and make us visible in this life. You are perfect as you are my friend. Things happen to us to make us stronger in our spirit to make us learn from our experience. There are no mistakes in life just life lessons. Connect to your inner being which is the part where God resides and honour every part of you because you are part of the divine. You are beautiful.
Okay, now that I got that out of the way would you please do me the favour by listening to some tracks on this music and if you are so inclined let me know - like/did not like. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day, here is the link
www.myspace.com/maikowatsonmusic

Amrita said...

Greetings from India God bless you Pris

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written! Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

J&E

salt said...

Sounds like a very blessed experience. ;)