Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I've been a stranger...I know

I could start by giving excuses to explain why I haven't blogged in a while, but I wont. Truth is, no excuse is good enough. Honestly? Blogging is very serious to me. When I blog, I want to leave you with something that would encourage you, help you, make you think, make you live out your purpose, inspire you or at least make you laugh. In my journey, for a while I felt very incapable of doing any of those things, so I was silent. You see, sometimes I get tired of facing the same battles or going through the same ups and downs, so I get discouraged and doubt how God could even bring life out of my brokenness. Yes, nonsense...I now know.
Holly Wagner said something that made me come back to my senses on the last day of the Godchicks conference. She urged us to "mark the trail" in whatever situation we are facing. Mark the trail for those that will come behind me, those that will face the same struggles, lead the way for them to arrive safely to their God given purpose. WHAT?! You mean I need to put my situation out there? I need to show them when I'm down or when I doubt or when I'm scared or when I'm confused or when I'm just sad??? Well...That's when His power is made stronger, isn't it? In my weakness, in my mess ups, in my moments of darkness that's when the light of His grace shines and that's when He brings out life from my brokenness.
It's easy to get caught up on everything that's going on in our lives, but I hope I never forget that my job as a leader is to mark the trail by letting others see that God's power is available for me and for everyone else....no matter what you're facing.

2 comments:

lili said...

welcome back! thanks for letting us in, Doing my best to journal my journey everyday for the day He calls me to mark the trail for other women...i was just in my safe haven (2nd floor balcony at Flamingo, 2nd row) its where we sat our 1st year in this place...kinda invisible, but visible to God. Journaled lots, thought lots, cried some.

This journey has so many twists & turns....doing my best to stay on the "road less traveled", listen to HIS whispers and keep my eyes & heart focused on my Father.

-lili

Pris said...

The road less traveled...
Isn't it good to know that He traveled that road befire us? He marked the trail for us...now it's our turn.