Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I almost missed it...


Every time I passed by and saw them enjoy themselves so much I would say to myself "I wish I wasn't scared to do that...it seems like so much fun." Today, as I walked by with my friend Carmen, she suggested "let's do it!" with a big smile on her face. Again, I wished and then said "no...but I can take your picture while you do it." I'm glad that she didn't take no for an answer. She insisted, paid for both of us and totally encouraged me to experience flying with her. I can't believe I almost missed it! What I thought was too scary turned out to be a moment that I'll never forget...a moment of complete letting go. What an amazing feeling!

I always say that fear holds our wings and keeps us from flying. I'm so glad that tonight I didn't let it and, because of that, I experienced a new sense of freedom. Won't be the last time...

No comments: