Friday, May 15, 2009

Her birthday...




Today was my Mom's birthday. Today there was NOTHING I wanted more than to be with her, hug her, laugh with her, spend time with her, but things didn't work out that way. Instead, I wasn't able to speak with her until 8pm due to our different time zones and crazy schedule. Did this make me sad? Yes....all day. Thankfully my sadness turned into a smile as I sat and remembered my great times with her while living at their place this past year. From walks on the beach early morning, to spontaneous "lets jump in the water" moments, from sharing a meal together to doing each other's hair, from times of laughter to moments when we would just be quiet enjoying each other's company. All that, and more, made me smile and helped me be grateful for having her and loving on her...birthday or not.


Life doesn't always bring us what we want, we don't always get our way. But what a difference it makes when, in spite of our circumstances, we choose to find the good stuff. The stuff that can take a whole day and turn it around. I'm glad I did.




Mami, you know it, I LOVE YOU...can't wait to hug you.

No comments: