Sunday, January 27, 2008

Speaking of "Gravity"....


P. Troy spoke about gravity this weekend. He spoke about how, just like gravity, sin can bring us down. I guess God wanted me to really understand that gravity concept, so as we were getting ready to start our second service at Halladale campus, on my way to the stage, I fell gracefully down the stairs. OK, that's a lie...there was nothing graceful about it. I landed on my elbow, then right on my butt and continued to painfully come down to the bottom of the stairs.
How did it happen? I was not holding on to the handrail. Same thing happens to us when we don't hold on to God. We might think we know were we're going and know how to get there, but if our hand is not on His, we end up falling and the fall can be real painful. I learned that if I don't want to end up using my butt instead of my feet to come down the stairs, I better make sure I hold on to that handrail.
Makes we wonder, could I be holding on to God even tighter? Could I rely less on my strength and abilities and focus even more on Him? He has promised to keep me safe as long as I'm holding on, so I will...real tight!


3 comments:

all day (allen d) said...

Very good and truer word honey. We were sick when we found out what had happened. We'll check on you later!

Heather Palacios said...

Good word. Way to turn your boo-boo into a God-point. Hope you're OK. Appreciate you, your leadership, and your blog

Pris said...

Thanks guys, I'm feeling better. Much love to you both!