Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Until we meet again....


Today was the day when one of my Grandmothers graduated. She was my Mother's Step Mom. Something God helped me see this past week, was the way in which my Grandpa and her loved each other. I mean, I obviously knew they loved each other, but I hadn't really seen how much until the other day. I went to visit her at the hospital and I walked into the ICU area with my Grandpa, since we got to the hospital at the same time. As he walked towards her, she stared at him and then I was engaged. He leaned over and kissed her on her lips with such tenderness, asked her how she was feeling, she said she was OK. He stared at her and then put his hand inside his pocked and took out a piece of candy. He cut it in half with his teeth and took a piece of it and placed it on her mouth. She looked at him and ate it, as if this was something that he did all the time. The whole scene seemed so sweet, it made my heart melt. My Grandparents loved each other so much after over 70 years of being together...that's beautiful!

I'm glad I was there, I'm glad my Grandpa had a woman who loved him so much that she could overcome the challenges that came their way...and those were many. I'm glad to know that they were so happy together and so close. I'm also glad to know that they will one day meet again in Heaven and maybe angels will witness their love as the candy scene repeats itself.


Goodbye Abuela...until we meet again.






No comments: