Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rejected or protected?


My Sister Milca met with a couple today. They are the pastors of one of the Churches where Promissa will minister in Boston this coming Sunday. The three of them met for hours, Milca sharing our vision and them sharing theirs. One of the things they shared was the testimony of how God had granted them a great blessing: acres and acres of land for them to build a huge building for their Church. The story impacted me in a very personal way. They shared that they were able to get this great amount of land for only $500,000 dollars, which is hard to believe for the Boston area. Then they went on explaining that the reason why all that land only cost them this much was because the land had been rejected. No one wanted it, no one was interested in it, no one found it appealing, including my Sister Milca to whom the couple showed the pictures of what the land looked like when they bought it. The land had been neglected by so many and that was great, because this people were the ones meant to have it. They did not reject it nor did they find that it wasn't what they wanted, instead, they saw what God had saved just for them. Everybody else needed to be blind, in order for them not to take this blessing away from the ones it was meant for.

As I heard the story tears started coming down my face. Could it be that many times we are like that land? This could be in any area of our lives or any situation. In my case, the area of relationships...the love department. How many times have I felt sorry for myself for not having that someone, "the one", that significant other. How many times, when I've been interested in someone, but the feeling is not reciprocal, have I wondered "why God, what's so wrong with me?" How many times have I felt rejected, unwanted, unappealing, just because the one I see as a great catch does not see the same in me or feel the same way about me? But could it be that all that time they only saw what God had allowed them to see? Could it be that those eyes were never supposed to see the jewel that I am, because they weren't the ones meant to? So, then It's not even that I'm not appealing or special, it's not even their fault that they can't see; it's just that they have not been the ones meant to see.


God knew the plans He had with this land, he kept it away from other people, He kept it safe for the right time and the right owners who would use it for the purpose which God had intended. God knows the plans that He's got for me. He has kept me away and safe from the wrong guys, from the wrong husband. He has blinded some guys who I wished had seen me, who I wished had loved me...all because He's saving me for the one who I was meant for. That one will value me and see me as the precious jewel that I am and not only that, but he will also love me.


Man, I've question God so many times. I have felt not good enough, not pretty, I have been upset about not being loved by the one I've loved, but should I be grateful instead? Grateful that the wrong guys have been blinded, so that one day the right guy can find me and then God's purpose can be fulfilled? Instead of feeling rejected, shouldn't I feel protected? Shouldn't I feel special...I should...I do.


Thank you God, for protecting me time and time again. Thank you from keeping me safe from the wrong guys. I pray that you keep on blinding them, until my Prince comes my way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you made me cry. Very strong words. You are very special and I believe with my heart and soul that that special person will be there for you at the right moment. Stay faithful and trust Him all the way. He doesn't make mistakes!

Anonymous said...

wow

milca

Anonymous said...

That is my girl! He is in control!

Danisa said...

So... we are still getting naked, huh? God is at work in your life. It is evident in the gorwth you are experimenting!

Love you!
Danisa

Anonymous said...

you are jewel! there is no doubt about that. The man that God brings to you will have a great treasure in you. You are amazing! Great way to bring together the analogy of the land. Keep faithful to the path God has laid out for you, don't deviate from it God will bring that man to meet you on the path he has laid out for both you and him. God bless you.