Saturday, August 25, 2007

Naked...

Is it my turn to get naked?
There's so much I could talk about, but I'll focus on two things right now which I've delt with all my life...fear and insecurity. I even hate the actual words, the way they sound, because i wish they didn't exist. I face fear every day, no vacation, no break, it's constant, it just shows up in different forms and insecurity is no different. This is really a constant battle, some days I win and some days I loose, but it doesn't stop..at least it hasn't in 32 years. These are two of our enemy's favorite weapons. He uses fear to paralize us, to keep us from moving, from trying, from daring. Fear cuts our wings to keep us from flying...and insecurity? Insecurity tells you that you were never going to be able to fly anayway...so sad, but so real.
So what do I do? Well, I do the only thing that really helps me, I hold on to my Father's hand and He gets me through...each day, each time I face fear or feel insecure He helps me through. Except for those days when I somehow think that I can handle it on my own...that's when I loose.
I do wish I was less fearfull and more secure, that would be great. The question is, would I want to hold on to His hand anymore if I didn't face these giants? Are these things here to remind me of how much I need Him to make it through each day? Are they here to keep me coming back to my Father and Creator and asking, "God, would you help me today? I can't do it alone"? If that's the case, then I'll keep on. I'll keep on asking and I'm happy to know that He'll keep on helping. His hand will always be there for me to hold on to.
You can do the same...trust me, His hand is big enough for all of us.

2 comments:

Heather Palacios said...

Good word, girl. Thanks for putting your heart on your blog.

Ricky Garcia said...

cool word, love it!