Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Content

Can't believe it, but this coming Saturday will be one year since I moved to LA. The crazy thing is not the twelve months that have gone by so quickly, but the amazing things that God has done in those twelve months, proving that our obedience to His voice is always the right choice.

James 1:3-4
"For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing"

When the word of God states "perfect and complete, needing nothing" it's referring to more than just material things. I believe it refers to a level of fulfillment and contentment that goes beyond the circumstances we might be facing. I believe and have experienced that the only way to find complete fulfillment, the only way to get to a place of contentment is surrendering my life to God's purpose and living entirely in His will. Whatever that takes, it's worth it.

There are many things I want and deeply desire, but my heart is content even without them. What a great place to be...He leads, I follow.

2 comments:

VB said...

Beautiful words, Still miss you though. But i admire you doing W.I.T. to pursue Gods calling in your life =)

Lilibeth Vilella said...

Welcome back amiga. Been too long :) I was reading just yesterday in my devo a line that said "you begin to live, actually LIVE, when you LOSE yourself in HIS purpose". Couldnt agree with more. Admire you & the girls. Here's to many more green & RED carpets to come in your journey...